20+ Point Safety Check
Beco Inc. was the first in the Triad to develop a home safety inspection plan. Our safety check includes a full diagnostic analysis of your home's electrical system.
Click the video below to learn more about the Beco 20+ Safety Check!
Click here to sign up today for your 20+ safety check!
Some items that we check for include:
- Check for proper grounding of the main electrical service into your home
- Inspect the meter base for water damage, corrosion and that is was properly sealed- improper sealing could cause people or pets to be electrocuted
- Main breakers or fuses
- Visually inspect the fuse or breaker panels for blank spaces which could cause an electric shock if not covered
- Check to assure the proper breakers or fuses are used on all circuits in the home to prevent a fire hazard
- Check load center/panel for proper grounding
- Check for proper grounding of all appliances, washers, dryers, ranges, ovens, etc. (if outlets or junction boxes are accessible)
- Check to assure all unused electrical outlets have the proper covers or plates installed
- Verify all light fixtures are properly grounded
- Check to assure proper lamp/bulb sizes are used in all lighting fixtures to prevent a fire hazard
- Check to verify that all GFCI receptacles or breakers are functioning properly
- Verify all outdoor lighting is working properly
- If multi-outlet strips are used, verify they are adequate to handle the devices plugged into them
- Visually inspect the wiring, insulation and other components in the panel or fuse box for evidence of arching/carbon build up-or excessive overheating
- Verify that any metal water piping in the home is properly bonded
- Check extension cords
- Check smoke detectors for proper operation